Thursday, April 5, 2012

Moving Right Along

These pictures are about three weeks old, so I'm starting to catch up with reality. ([{!?!}]) First step after New Mexico was Oklahoma City (I was traveling at least two hundred miles every day), the next capitol I haven't been to yet. 


Here's a shot of the sky on that day. The skies in that part of the country are some of the most spectacular I've seen.



As it happens, I-40 takes you right past the famous Cadillac Ranch, an art installation that's basically a bunch of Caddies buried... well you see. The people in charge encourage the graffiti so I imagine it changes appearance quite a bit over time.




On my way through Oklahoma City I happened to drive past the site of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building. So I stopped. It's a very powerful tribute to the people who died there at the hands of our own home-grown terrorist, Tim McVeigh.






And the capitol. This place has oil derricks right on the capitol grounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment