Monday, April 2, 2012

Eastward Ho!

I hated to leave the Slabs but when the desert wakes up so do the rattlesnakes, scorpions, tarantulas, black widow spiders, gila monsters and killer bees. Here are a few last Slab City Shots:

Backstage at the Range:



A column of smoke at Slab City is often a cause for alarm. In this case, though, it was a controlled burn of crop stubble. It was actually quite beautiful.


This is the home of Moth, one of the locals. I think this was part of a sewage treatment plant when the place was a military base.


And my parting shot of the guard house with the message "Caution: Reality Ahead".


I left on March 6th and headed north to I-10. Off to the south there was another agricultural fire. This one was out of control and made the news that day.


And a dust storm to the north. 





No comments:

Post a Comment