Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ebbis's House

Graceland has never been high on my list of places to go but since I was headed to Memphis and I'd never been, I thought I ought'a. If you haven't been, maybe you should but for me, this will be my first and last time. Elvis was exploited in his life and he's still being exploited in death. I felt a little exploited myself. First of all, Graceland is a kind of nice, upper-upper middle class house with what looks like a Formstone® facade, a faux southern-plantation-with-columns front porch, a swimmin' pool, a target practice tool shed and the King's gravesite along with his parents' and granny's. Bad 1970's taste abounds. I hurried out of Tennessee and made it to Kentucky by nightfall.




 


Here's a little Graceland giftshop item I had some trouble getting my brain around:


And here are a couple of shots of the beautiful sunset in Kentucky:





No comments:

Post a Comment