Friday, September 30, 2016

An Embarrassment of Riches at Walmart

I had the vegetables. 
All I needed was a cutting board


This is the cutting board selection 
of Walmart. Never mind
 all the knives. There are at least 35
different cutting boards.
THIRTY-FIVE!


Anyway, I decided I'd get a plastic one. 
Easier to clean. The first one that caught 
my eye was this one: It's small and you
could use it a scoop. So it said. 


It was a little too expensive though. 
And a little gimmicky. Then I saw this one: 
Cheaper and, I thought, it could
add some color to my space pod.


Next I saw these Cutting Mats: 3 to a pack.
The cheapest so far and thin, 
so they take up minimal space.


But, I imagined, you'd probably 
cut right through them in no time. 

Then I saw the SuperBoard®. It
looks like plastic granite. Plaranite (?)
serious piece of equipment. 
I liked the graphics better too.
I'm not sure why. It looked European 
even though it was made in the US. 

It was a little expensive. $12 maybe.
And it was just a little too big
But, I rationalized, sometimes
quality is worth it. 


I had it in the cart and was
headed for the door when 
I spotted this one: I had 
overlooked it before. It was the last 
of its kind. Hanging on a hook,
not stacked like the others 

Smaller and thinner than 
any of the other ones. Just the
right size for the coach.
bought it. it's perfect. It fits
flat in the bottom of the sink
and it is only an eighth 
of an inch thick so it slides
in easily under my plates...


 ...and it cost 88 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment